The Chronicles of Good Life
Number of pages: 296
Dimensions: 147 mm x 221 mm
Publisher: UAB Tyto alba
10 points about the book
1. Its first edition issued in 2005 was sold out in no time and some people are still looking to get a copy.
2. This second edition is not a copy. The book is supplemented with10 texts written in the same epoch of “commercial kiosks” (1994–1996).
3. The first edition won the J. Lindė-Dobilas’ award, Poetry Spring prize for the best essayistic expression, Mūzų Malūnas (Muse Mill) prize, and was nominated in the Book of the Year competition.
4. Valdemaras Kukulas wrote about the book: “K. Navakas’ intensive play with cultural, intellectual, social contexts creates the dominant elements of the author’s cultural attitude and ideology: Bach, Beethoven or anyone else did not have this and that but the Kaunas dweller has and will have forever”.
5. And this is what Viktorija Šeina wrote about the book: “It does not matter whether the essayist describes an international literature event, a boring weekend or a libretto translation “suffering”, – in his text all this turns into an elegant, charming and certainly funny excellent “story”.
6. The book consists of essays in the usual sense and of many truly bohemian memoir stories, and of humoresque with the realities of those days.
7. Nearly everything that is described really happened although sometimes it is hard to believe it.
8. This is my only book sent to a Belorussian prison because the prisoners had asked for it.
9. This is my only book which no one ever returned after borrowing.
10. This is a book which will not let you be bored, no matter how hard you tried.