Odily is an elegant, ninety-year-old Parisian - petite dame - who "knows what it means to be getting older but doesn't know what it means to grow up". A narrator is a long term tenant of her loft in Paris center and her strolls companion. As he is forced to adapt to Odily's place, little by little he becomes immersed into her world that is full of nostalgia and melancholy for the old days. This friendship of two lonely people from different generations is like an accidental meeting of two passengers in an airport waiting hall, who will soon be forced to part their ways.
- The story of this novel is multi-layered, poetic, impressionistic.
- The atmosphere of Paris and the Parisian lifestyle are subtly conveyed.
- The novel is based on a true story; the author and the narrator are the same person, so the novel is like a diary.
- This book gives an exceptional pleasure of reading to literature gourmets.
- The novel was nominated for the best book of the year 2015 in Lithuania.
In 2016 the author have won the National Prize in Lithuania.
Lithuania’s major publisher Alma Littera started its activities in 1990. For more than 20 years, it has pursued its mission of promoting the need for knowledge and reading and enabling others to experience the pleasure of gaining knowledge through reading. Publishing house Alma Littera publishes books for adults, kids and teenagers as well as educational and schooling literature, and offers the best and most popular works by authors from Lithuania and all over the world. Alma Littera cooperates with publish