ABOUT THE PROJECT
Lithuanian Books in Print (NKPK) Rights Catalogue:
- An online rights catalogue promoting Lithuanian books and authors worldwide.
- A comprehensive rights database of Lithuanian literary works, publishers and authors;
- A plat form for foreign publishers, literary agents and translators who are interested in translating and publishing Lithuanian literature.
- Represents authors, publishers and rights;
- Provides all necessary rights information;
- Supports dissemination of Lithuanian books.
Lithuanian Publishers Association: Lithuanian Publishers Association (Lietuvos leidėjų asociacija, LLA) was founded in 1989. At the moment LLA unites 39 active publishing houses as well as non-governmental organizations mostly concentrating on specialised publishing. LLA is a nongovernmental non-profit organisation.
The main aims of LLA encompass:
- Protect and represent the interests of its members at the national and international level;
- Increase the competence of the publishers;
- Collaborate with the national and EU institutions in preparing legal reglamentations for the publishing sector;
- Promote reading and creative writing;
- Initiate scientific research;
- Organise and promote International Vilnius Book Fair;
- Organise and promote Lithuanian cultural events;
- Coordinate, organise and support the participation of Lithuanian publishers in the international book fairs.
Since 2003 LLA has been a full and equal member of the Federation of European Publishers, since 2012 of the National Creative and Cultural Industries Association.